We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend break

Guernsey
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weekend break

Hi All

I have booked a weekend in Jersey as a birthday present in a couple of weeks time. I live in Guernsey and am coming over Saturday and staying in the Yacht hotel. I arrive in the morning and have booked a meal in the bohemia restaraunt in the evening but would like to do an activity in the day. Is there anything that anyone can suggest which is different to what you can do in Guernsey? I l leave on Sunday evening and would like to book a nice place to eat and spend the afternoon having a few drinks before catching my flight later on. As we are staying in St Helier for a change I wondered if anyone could suggest a nice restaraunt outside of St Helier which has a nice atmosphere, good food and maybe a nice view. Its not essentail but as I will be leaving the hotel with my luggage and getting a taxi straight to my lunch venue and then from there to the airport it would also be nice if the restaraunt was conveniently located for both. However not vital I would rather spenf a bit more on taxis and go to a nice place. I know this seems like a demanding wish list but any help would be greatly apperciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend break

Hi Bunnylodge

It depends what kind of activity you want to do on the Saturday. If it's 'outdoorsy' then you could look at Creepy Valley aerial assault courses or a day at Durrell.

For Sunday lunch I would suggest Cheffins in St Aubins. You're half way between town and the airport, and there's even a taxi office right next door - The food is fantastic too, and they serve a nice cocktail.

Hope this helps!

Bex

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend break

On the Sunday, why not book for the brunch at Hotel L'Horizon which has recently been re-introduced. I've heard very good things about it, there are stunning views over St. Brelade's Bay and you are only a 5 minute taxi ride to the airport from St. Brelade.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend break

Like most places, out of town is definitely more attractive but as Bex says there is the issue of transport. Jersey may be small but it packs a punch. Hills, cliffs, windy lanes and harbours, beaches and countr walks all in oe place. It can make travel not as easy as it first appears!

4. Re: weekend break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Jersey