We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Jersey

kirkham
Level Contributor
272 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
weekend in Jersey

Thinking of coming for a weekend the flight arrives at 6pm fri and leaves at 1pm monday so will only have 2 days really.

Will we have enough time? were would be the best place to stay budget of about £60 b and b or may consider evening meal

Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in Jersey

Hi Mwareing, this all really depends how much you want to try and cram in ... do you like "cramming in" because there's plenty to do over a weekend.

Certainly on the friday i would stay out of St Helier town centre, if you;re staying in st helier, if you;re fit and well, in the evening walk to st aubin, there are lots of good restauranst there and the walk along the beach is great. you're probably going to be looking at B&B budget only ... have you thought about staying in st aubin and transitting to and from st helier - give me more of an idea on what you;re looking to do and see and i'll be happy to help

kirkham
Level Contributor
272 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend in Jersey

i was thinking of staying in st Helier because it was the main place.i thought it was near the airport but now i have looked st aubins bay is nearer

We are both in our late 40's and my husband likes anything to do with military so would want to do the caves etc.,

Our budget would be £60 per person, not sure to stay in a hotel or b and b but like something different than modern hotels.

kirkham
Level Contributor
272 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend in Jersey

i was thinking of staying in st Helier because it was the main place.i thought it was near the airport but now i have looked st aubins bay is nearer

We are both in our late 40's and my husband likes anything to do with military so would want to do the caves etc.,

Our budget would be £60 per person, not sure to stay in a hotel or b and b but like something different than modern hotels.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weekend in Jersey

You'll be hard pushed to find B&B in St Aubin for £60 a nt through June/September - probably more like £70 and that is budget rate. There are a number of B&B's in St Aubin to choose from best to check out the reviews on here!

Wouldn't bother with evening meal if you're staying in St Aubin its full of places to eat , that's even if you can find a B&B that still does one.

Would definately recommend St Aubin over St Helier. Its on a main bus route so no problem getting about to places of interest and with easy access to St Helier .

2 days isn't really long enough but it will give you an introduction to Jersey and I'm sure you'll want to go back for more!

Make sure you pick up the free magazine for what to do and see in Jersey as you come through the airport .

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weekend in Jersey

Look at the Porthole Cottage or Bon Viveur B&Bs in St Aubin, and certainly don't look for inclusive evening meal - eat out, you won't regret it.

Don't worry about proximity to the airport, there is nowhere on the island more than a 20 minute drive away from it really!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weekend in Jersey

Take a look at the Olanda Guest House too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weekend in Jersey

I agree with the other post - St.Aubin better than St.Helier. Public transport in Jersey is rubbish. The extra cost of hire car would be worth it for a weekend if you want to see as much as possible.

kirkham
Level Contributor
272 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weekend in Jersey

Thanks for all your help i have booked at Hotel Christina.

Next question is transport form the airport can anyone recommend, i know there will be taxis but any private transfers available?

Can we catch a bus from hotel christina to the military caves etc.,

9. Re: weekend in Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations