We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycle hire in St. Helier

Conisbrough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Cycle hire in St. Helier

Hi all,

We would like to hire a bike each for 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday).

We will be based in St. Helier.

Ideally, we'd like to pick it up at around 8:30 or 9am in the morning on Wednesday, and drop it back off on Thursday at 5pm.

Does anyone have any tips for the most reliable, cheapest, 'best' etc?

I've seen a few online, but they all seem to require booking in advance. This is fair enough, but I'm a bit funny about paying £50+ upfront for bike hire in case any unforseen circumstances arise (such as rain!).

Thanks.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycle hire in St. Helier

I've hired a bike from Zebra which is just opposite the Liberation Station bus station in St Helier. I didn't book in advance, just turned up on the day and was able to get one right away without any difficulty. Can't remember the price but it was quite reasonable for a day. They appeared to have loads of bikes available - including tandems. Though they are nothing fancy they will certainly get you around the island. In the main it's flat so it's easy cycling. I think they wanted a credit card number as a guarantee. They close at 5pm so you can either return the bikes by that time or they allow you to return them the following morning for no extra charge. You are provided with a bike lock.

There's some information and cycle route maps on

jersey.com/Documents/Cycling/Jersey_Cycling_…

Conisbrough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycle hire in St. Helier

Thanks.

Zebra are one of the companies I was looking at initially. Looks like they'll be a good choice.

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycle hire in St. Helier

Just had 2 bikes from zebra yesterday, no problems at all. £15 each for the day plus £25 deposit per bike.

It gets cheaper the longer you have them e.g. £25 for 2 days.

Edited: 31 July 2011, 08:50
4. Re: Cycle hire in St. Helier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations