We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding night hotel?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding night hotel?

Hi all,

We're getting married in Jersey next year and are looking for suggestions for a first night hotel please? We'd prefer west of island, although St Helier would be fine too. We're flying out on honeymoon Sunday night so it'd just be for the one night.

Thanks in advance,

Julia and Andy

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
962 posts
636 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding night hotel?

Quite a few. If it is west of the Island you have the choice of the Atlantic Hotel or the L'Horizon. In town (St Helier) you have the Club Hotel, the Royal Yacht, The Grand (maybe) or the Radisson (Modern but perhaps not as swish as The Club or Royal Yacht for a honeymoon night.

No doubt people will come up with others but those are probably the premier hotels but come with a price tag.

A lot depends on what sort of room you book so if it is the L'Horizon or Radisson, insist on a sea view and pay the extra. If it is the Royal Yacht splash out on one of their high grade rooms. The Club Hotel you would want to use their spa and eat in Bohemia (expensive but very good).

As an alternative you may want to consider Chateau La Chaire on the east of the Island. Also pricey but an old country house feel. You would need to go for one of their superior rooms or suites though but if you tell them it is your honeymoon I would hope they would look after you!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding night hotel?

I would go for the L'Horizon in St Brealde's Bay. Stunning views and i'm sure you would get a room upgrade if you told them it was your wedding night.

Or maybe slightly cheaper, the Sommerville Hotel over looking the whole of St Aubins. Both have good restaurants too.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding night hotel?

It all depends on your budget and what you're looking for! :)

Personally, I'd go for Longueville Manor, no doubt about it. If that wasn't available, maybe a sea-view room at The Grand.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding night hotel?

All of the above are good suggestions, but I'd like to chip in with a couple of lower cost, but still beautiful, options.

Eulah Country House is one of the most stunning boutique properties I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT of hotels). With only 11 rooms it's personable and homely.

Likewise La Haule Manor has that boutique luxury feel, and is walking distance from eateries in St Aubin.

The only downside to either is that you'd have to go out for dinner as they don't have inhouse restaurants.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding night hotel?

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. We really liked the look of Eulah Country house and La Haule Manor, but unfortunately you have to stay there for 3 and 2 nights respectively, and we only need a room for one night. The Grand was all sold out and Longueville Manor and Chateau la Chaire which both look absolutely beautiful are outside our price range unfortunately! We'll probably go for L'Horizon or Sommerville we think, as they fit the bill perfectly.

Thanks again for your help,

Julia and Andy

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
962 posts
636 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding night hotel?

You won't go wrong with either!

7. Re: Wedding night hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:18