We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which part of island to stay

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
which part of island to stay

My husband & I are visiting Jersey for the first time in May. We like nice hotels and to be able to walk from hotel in evening to nice bars and really good restaurants. Any help appreciated.

jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which part of island to stay

I would say you have three areas to choose from, St Brelades, St Aubin and the weighbridge St Helier.

In St Aubins i would stay at either the Sommerville or La Haule manor, in St Brelades the L'Horizon and St Helier either The Royal Yacht or the Pomme d'or.

All these hotels have very good restaurants both inside and within a couple

of minutes walk.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which part of island to stay

I second the vote for St Aubins. Nowhere on the Island is the choice of GREAT restaurants so varied. Somerville or La Haule Manor are great options both.

:)

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
984 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which part of island to stay

Another vote for St Aubin. Both hotels named have very good reputations, Somerviille is up a steep hill but with great views.

Excellent restaurants and some good pubs on the harbour that serve food. The Trafalgar Pub doesn't serve food but has big screens for sport in the back bar and a local friendly atmosphere.

St Aubin is on the main bus route so very easy to get into and out of St Helier for a wider choice of restaurants.

4. Re: which part of island to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations