We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condor ferries direct

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
condor ferries direct

Hello people

Im planning on coming to Jersey in mid may and will be travelling on condor ferries. what are the chances of a rough crossing and does anyone know many years ago i travelled on condor from poole direct to jersey in about 3 hours because it was going on to St Malo but according now to their website timetable they do it in 4 hours do all their routes now go via guernsey? or is ther still a direct route available

thanks

Peterborough
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: condor ferries direct

I Think all ferries stop at Guernsey travel time to Jersey about 3 1/2 hours to four hours check the timetables on the website

As for the weather - who knows pop luck can be a rough crossing even in summer but I have good sea legs so no problem

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condor ferries direct

On my way to and from Jersey some years back the ferry did stop at Gurnsey, I would honestly think this is done to save an extra vehicle. In regards to the journey, these ships which are used are designed to make the journey as smooth as possible, the one time it was rough was when I think the captain sped up to get time back, and I did have a right mind to ask them to tell the captain to reduce it a touch as I have problems with rough ground anyway and I could have told them disability wise there could have been issues on the legal front if they were making my life more difficult getting around. So it may depend on the speed they go at but rough sea won't help I would recommend though taking sea sickness tablets if you are worried these do help.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condor ferries direct

I am from the islands and always take sea-sickness tablets. the water is often very rough between the islands!

4. Re: condor ferries direct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 10:32