We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
day trip

My wife and I are thinking of taking a day trip on the ferry from poole to jersey.My wife likes to potter about in local shops so should we take the car or just go as a foot traveller?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip

To make the most of your day and of Jersey I would take the car. It doesn't take long to drive round the island and that way you can choose where to stop and what you want to do. Have a look back at some of the previous posts , there are plenty of good ideas for what to do on a day trip.

I think it would be a shame to spend the day in St Helier just looking round the shop's.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip

thank you very much for the input

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip

Be aware that unless you get an exceptional deal, the car is going to add a fair chunk to the cost. A lot depends on your arrival and departure times but you may well be better off hiring a car in Jersey to collect and drop off at the ferry terminal.

Worth doing a bit of homework but as the previous poster says, it would be a waste simply staying in St. Helier, you may as well stop in Poole.

Another alternative is to travel as foot passengers and arrange an organised Island tour with one of the coach companies such as Tantivy but they don't come particularly cheap.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip

thanks for the info going on the net tonight to explore all the possibilities. Thanks again

5. Re: day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey