We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flybe Flights from Manchester

Leafy Cheshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flybe Flights from Manchester

Hi All

Simple query really. Flybe seem to usually put on a jet now for the 09.45 departure from Manchester. Does anyone know

a) Is this flight always/generally a jet and

b) Is the return flight on the same plane

Flight numbers BE455 >Jersey, BE456> Manchester

Your advice and help appreciated as always

Daf

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

According to some of the flight data websites it depends on the date;

info.flightmapper.net/flight/Flybe_BE_455

Sometimes it's an EMB175 jet and others its a Dash 8, which has props.

If you enter your specific date it should show the aircraft type.

Leafy Cheshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

Thanks very much for your reply. Must admit I hadn't heard of that website but it gave me all the info I needed.

Cheers !

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

The return flight will be 99% the same plane, if you intend to head back immediately?? .... you could check the times ... if it departs Jersey about 1 hour after landing, it is the same plane ...

as for the 'Jet' thing .... define Jet ...? No big planes land on the Channel Island, they're small airports . I recently flew flybe Southampton - Guernsey, but I already chucked the ticket, so can't check the plane anymore ... :

https:/…about_our_fleet.htm

why not ask flybe these questions?/

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

ah, and that was my question answered .... usually when I google a flight number, the type of aircraft is also mentioned .... but I didn't recognise the term 'Embraer', it will be the E175 ^_^

Edited: 05 September 2013, 09:31
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

o oooops, I thought it was not answered yet .... I need my morning coffee ...^_^ .... mixed it up with another 'travel to Jersey' question ...!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

It depends what's meant by 'return flight' - if it's the plane going back (straight after) it may be the very same aircraft, but not necessarily, depending on the 'circuit' that day.

If it's the flight at the end of a holiday it could be a completely different ype of aircraft. My upcoming flights to/from Jersey are shown to be a Dash 8 going and an EMB175 (which is smaller, but has jet engines) back a week later.

The website I gave a link for earlier shows the aircraft planned for any specific day.

7. Re: Flybe Flights from Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations