We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jersy In March

Aberdeen, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Jersy In March

Its my mums birthday at the end of March and she's always wanted to visit Jersey, hows the weather that time of year? thanks

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jersy In March

The same as it is in the rest of the UK. It's pot luck really but it may be a bit warmer than in Aberdeen!!

Edited: 23 October 2013, 19:46
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jersy In March

You can't venture North of the Border much, Traveller from UK! :)

Jersey is on a par with or slightly better than Central and Southern England, but definitely better than the rest of the UK. My friends in Glasgow are removing frost and ice from their cars this week but it's still really mild here.

If you go to www.jerseymet.gov.je you can click on the 'Jersey Climate' link on the left hand side of the page. That'll let you look at the weather stats from previous years.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jersy In March

Very true ninebyfive; I was in Yorkshire last weekend and it was noticeably colder than back here. We had a couple of days in Leeds where only jackets were needed, no hats or scarfs, but on arrival back in Jersey we had the car windows wide open on the drive home from the airport as we were so hot in our heavy travelling clothes!

This year I spent the first weekend of April showing a group of travel organisers around the Island and the weather was beautiful; fingers crossed for more of the same next year!

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jersy In March

Thanks very much folks! decided Im going to arrange holiday in June for 7 days self catering. Can anyone recommend a good airline direct return from Aberdeen ? I haven't been on a plane in years and all the sites a bit baffling to me! thank you all

UK
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jersy In March

No direct flights, it seems... but you can book Aberdeen to Jersey with Flybe, with a connection in Manchester or Birmingham. If you book it as one ticket then your connection is protected - i.e., if your first flight is delayed it's the airline's responsibility to get you to your destination (on separate tickets you would be on your own)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jersy In March

Hi ninebyfive....I have to say I have not been north of the border but I did say it would probably be warmer than Aberdeen!

Edited: 26 October 2013, 11:07
Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jersy In March

Afternoon folks. have booked the Greenhills Country Hotel, direct flights with flybe, end of June. Can't wait and mum will have a lovely surprise, can't wait to tell her. was going to be a Birthday pressie but giving at Christmas...can't keep secret so long haha!

Thanks for all your advice. is getting around by taxi ok at this destination as a day shopping in St Helier will be on the cards,or would car hire be good idea ? Never been to Jersey so have no idea best way to get around from our hotel. Planned a relaxing chilling out holiday but would like to get out and about if need be?

UK
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jersy In March

Jersey has a pretty good bus service - www.libertybus.je - and it looks like your hotel may be close to a bus route (their web site mentions Bus No 8)

We hired a car last time we were there, and found it convenient... but depending on what you want to do you may well find that a combination of bus and the occasional taxi ride will work for you.

Enjoy your trip - I'm sure your mum will be delighted with her Christmas present!

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jersy In March

Taxis are plentiful but quite expensive (no 'long' trips to make up the money like in the UK) but the bus service is ok and you might choose to hire a car for a day or 2 so you can have some freedom and explore the places that the buses won't take you :)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jersy In March

I would hire a car for at least a couple of days so that you can explore the island at your own pace. Jersey is beautiful and there is a lot to see and do.

Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations