We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Airport

merseyside
Level Contributor
881 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Airport

Is it possible to get a bus from the airport that will take me to the Hotel de Normandie ?

Thanks

Melynda .

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Airport

Ah, no. Sorry!

The Airport bus (15) only goes as far as the bus terminus in St. Helier. From there you'd need to get another bus or a taxi along to the hotel. There is a stop right outside though, if I remember correctly.

By the time you add up the bus fares (and the time spent on buses!) you may be as well just getting a taxi from the Airport (depending on time of day, number in your party, etc.).

merseyside
Level Contributor
881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Airport

ninebyfive

Thank you for your reply I now think it will be best for us to get a taxi from the airport .

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Airport

An option is to book transfers with Tantivy Blue Coaches which can work out cheaper. They provide most of the transfers for tour operators, but you can book direct. It may be a shared ride.

http://www.tantivybluecoach.com/Transfers/

Up to you if you prefer a taxi, which may be less messing around. The number of people is also a factor.

Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Airport

Taxi would be about £15 for up to 4 people & luggage door to door.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Airport

You need to catch the number 15 into st helier at a cost of £1.70 pp and then the number 1 which costs £1.20 pp the bus stop's in front of the hotel. Excellent service.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Airport

A friend of mine caught a taxi from the airport near to the hotel de normandie last week and it cost £35 ! Best catch the bus

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
725 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Airport

The best way is to get a bus from the airport to the bus station. As someone else has said it is £1.70p per person and runs approximately every 20 minutes and the bus stop is immediately outside arrivals.

From the bus station which is the terminus, walk to the right with the bus station behind you and get a taxi from the Weighbridge just past the Pomme d'Or Hotel, there will probably be lots waiting. This should cost about £7.

The problem with trying to catch a second bus to the hotel is that the timetables are unlikely to co-incide so you could be waiting around.

The taxi direct from the airport could be expensive depending on the time of day as the rush hour traffic bottlenecks in St. Helier at the underpass and the fare clocks up quickly.

A bus coupled with a taxi is not inconvenient, I do it all the time and it saves a fair amount of money and takes a little longer but worth it in my opinion.

merseyside
Level Contributor
881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Airport

Thank you people for your reply . Bob I think your suggestion will be better seeing there's only 2 of us .

Edited: 05 December 2013, 17:22
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Airport

When are you coming, Melynda?

I'm afraid I'd disagree with Bob. Partly because I'm a typical tight Scotsman who grudges paying £7 or more for a taxi (of less than a mile) from town to the Normandie when it's only £3 extra on the Airport fare; partly because I prefer to skip the hassle when I'm on my hols; partly because I spent 20 chilly mins waiting and 45 mins travelling, with a small case on my lap, on said no.15 a few days ago! I think the buses are great, but they couldn't half do with more luggage space!

That extra £4.60 for the door-to-door taxi which bergerac mentions is money well spent, IMO. And you'll be helping to keep a roof over our taxi driver's heads ;)

But the bus does give you a nice panoramic view if you manage to grab the front seats upstairs!

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
725 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Airport

Can't work out where the 'only £3 extra' comes from? Depending on the time of day, a taxi from the airport to the Normandie would be about £15 minimum. I've waited 15 minutes for a taxi before now at the airport only to catch the bus as it arrived first! That was after the last flight of the day however.

My recommendation is still to go with the bus to town and a taxi onwards to the hotel - and do try to grab that upstairs front seat!

Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations