We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area to stay

Rhuddlan, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area to stay

I last visited Jersey back in 1977 visiting family so I know lots of things will have changed. When we were there we stayed right in the centre of St Helier and used the bus to travel round and back then it was the same price wherever you went on the island. I realise that the prices now are similar to UK. We are looking at flying over from Liverpool for approx 5 nights at the beginning of June. My other half has never been so my intention is to spend the time travelling to the different areas. Is it best to hire a car or use the bus? Also what is the best area to stay in we are both early 50's so night life is not important but a couple of nice places to eat would be good?

Thanks

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area to stay

We like St Aubins Bay as we like the pretty harbour area and the beach that seem to stretch for miles. Quite a few decent restaurants around the harbour and on the sea front. St Brelades (next bay along) is also very nice. If you're getting around by bus then St Hellier would be easier as that's the main bus station. Having said that my mother in law stays at St Aubins twice a year and travels everywhere by bus. She sayd the frequency of the bus service in St Aubins is very good.

Rhuddlan, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area to stay

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Still not sure we will make it in June but if we can get the time I like to be prepared so I will have a look at St Aubins and St Helier and see what;s on offer may just get a good deal if it is last minute.

3. Re: Best Area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey