We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions about Jersey.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,622 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Some questions about Jersey.

Hi!

How hot it is in Jersey at the beginning of August? What are the water temperature( roughly)?

Do you drive on left (like UK) or wright side (like in Europe)?

Are 6 days enough time to explore Jersey?

What is the best way to get to Jersey from London?

Thanx. Yuri.

merseyside
Level Contributor
879 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

You drive on the left . 6 days is ample to explore Jersey . Flight would be best .

Melynda .

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186346-i299-k71…

If I am reading your posts correctly, you want to be in York and in Jersey at the beginning of August. Are you trying to decide between the two places?

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

Thank you. I did not make up my mind yet. I need some place flat, not too hot, not too pricey, and nice.

Yuri

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

Jersey is a bit warmer than mainland UK. When I watch the weather forecast there is often a big sun on St Helier when everywhere else has rain. However, it is extremely unlikely to be over 30C at any time. It can also rain at any time. Much much much cooler than Israel with a cold sea at all times (but the north sea off the east coast is arctic at all times if that is what you want. The shallow channel sea is for wimps).

Jersey is going to be more expensive than the north of England. In general the further north you go the cheaper things are.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

Thank you for valuable info. I shall take that in count.

Yuri.

Haydock
Level Contributor
220 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

You would not use a word like cheaper if you have looked to park in or around York for the day!!

Sorry..... I am off to Jersey for the first time on 24th so have been looking thro forums to get a feel of current matters & read this thread.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

Tom; perhaps parking aside, the assumption that 'things' in the North of England (including York) are cheaper than Jersey is correct.

Eating and drinking, generally, is cheaper in Yorkshire. Of course York has it's michelin starred restaurants and 5* hotels, but it also has low cost pub and restaurant chains that don't exist here.

In any cases both places are worth visiting; I hope the OP was able to make a decision.

Source : Born & brought up between Leeds & York, Now live in Jersey

8. Re: Some questions about Jersey.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations