We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking a van on Jersey

Exminster, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking a van on Jersey

We'd like to take our VW to Jersey, stay a few nights on a registered site, but then leave the van parked up and go as foot/cycle passengers to the off islands.

Does you need a camping van permit for the nights that it is parked up empty on Jersey - and where could you leave it.

Thanks

Andy

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking a van on Jersey

Suggest you check this And con tact the Rozel camp site for further advice;

condorferries.co.uk/plan-your-trip/taking-ca…

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking a van on Jersey

I too would contact Rozel campsite. Tosh Germain, the owner is very helpful. It could well be that he would let you leave the camper parked up on the site if you have booked to stay there and you could get a bus or taxi to the ferry port.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking a van on Jersey

If you are not sleeping in the van I would imagine it would be ok to leave it parked in any long stay car park as you're not breaching any laws. However for your peace of mind and security (not that we have a lot of car crime here) then yes it might be an idea to leave it at the site you've been staying at.

I also recommend Rozel.

4. Re: Parking a van on Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Jersey