We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Visit to Jersey, looking for advice

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Short Visit to Jersey, looking for advice

We (3 graduate students, on a budget) will be traveling through Europe this summer and will be stopping in Jersey for 1-3 nights.

We are looking for advice regarding the following:

1) places to stay: hostels or reasonably priced hotels

2) things to do during the day

3) nightlife

4) advice regarding how long to spend in Jersey out of an 11 day, 4- country trip

5) ease/methods of getting around. We are flying into Jersey airport and leaving via ferry to Northern France.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Visit to Jersey, looking for advice

Hi Mariya

There are 2 hostels in Jersey. Jersey Accommodation Centre is one, and Durrell Wildlife has another. Both are quite remote in terms of location though, especially if you're not planning on hiring a car.

For ease of travel and nightlife I would look at St Helier instead. Jersey.com has what they call the 'bed bank' which is a list of last minute accommodation often at reduced prices. You should be able to secure a triple room, depending on dates. This will also allow you to get the bus from the airport when you arrive, and walk to the harbour when you depart (depending how much luggage you have), saving a few more pounds.

How long to stay depends on your flight and ferry times. If you arrive early and leave late then I think 2 nights might be enough to get a feel for the Island. At the very least, you'll need 2 full days.

I would recommend using one of your days to take a round the Island tour with either Tantivy or Waverley Coaches, and the other day(s) going back to those places you found most interesting on the tour. Also if you have even the slightest passing interest in Wildlife and Conservation don't miss Durrell Wildlife Trust. This requires at least 2-3 hours to see, plus travel time there and back (about half an hour each way from St Helier).

I hope this helps!

2. Re: Short Visit to Jersey, looking for advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jersey