We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional english village in Cheshire

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional english village in Cheshire

Hello,

I am a tourist to england and would like to visit a traditional english village, as I imaging with village green, pond etc. If you could suggest possibilities I would be delighted! I am currently in the North-West.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional english village in Cheshire

Firstly, welcome to trip Advisor. I hope you're enjopying youe time here.

As to your question, to be honest most villages in Cheshire aren't like that. I'm struggling to thok of anywhwre that has thata rcitypal village green and pond. But here's a couple of suggestions of place that I think will gie you some f what yu wnat and are worth visiting:

- Nantwich is a lovely town. Old timbered buildings abound. St Mary's church, its gardens and the next door town square have some of the "village green" atmosphere. And the walks along the river are lovely.

- Christleton has a village pond with the unattractive name of "Christleton Pit" but it is nice. The village has a cricket team but they play on their own groun ds not the village green. The Shropshire Union canal passes throuhg the village.

- Knutsford has some really quirky architecture with Italianate follies dotted around the town. A short step away from the town centre is Knutsford Moor with ponds and green space to enjoy and a short step on the side of the town centre there's Knutsford Heath.

Have fun.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional english village in Cheshire

Sorry for the typos. I really should have read that through before I hit the "submit" button. My first paragraph of gobbledegook should have read:

-----------

Firstly, welcome to trip Advisor. I hope you're enjoying your time here.

As to your question, to be honest most villages in Cheshire aren't like that. I'm struggling to think of anywhere that has that archetypal village green and pond. But here's a couple of suggestions of places that I think will give you some of what you want and are worth visiting:

------------

Sorry.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional english village in Cheshire

Thankyou for your kind welcome and reply.

I will look into those suggestions,feel free to offer some more should you or others think of any!

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional english village in Cheshire

Not sure if you're still in the NW but Gawsworth and Prestbury, both near Macclesfield, are lovely and my favorite Great Budworth near Northwich.

5. Re: Traditional english village in Cheshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 12:33