We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Car Park In the evening?

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Car Park In the evening?

Can someone tell me which car park is best to park in for an evening to visit Chester? We will be coming into the town on the A41 road and will probably be arriving after 6pm. Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Car Park In the evening?

Without knowing were in Chester you want to get to it's difficult to advise. Gorse Stacks is free at that time and it's well placed for getting to the Cathedral area & Gateway Theatre. But details of charges for council owned car parks and map is here:

cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/transport_and_…

From the A41 you'll be coming in from the right hand side of the map on Christleton Road.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Car Park In the evening?

A lot of the central car parks are 'free after three' now ujntil midnight, and the rest are only £1.50 or thereabouts after 5 or 6. The website given should give the details, depends on where you want to be in Chester in the evening... there is a multistorey car park off the ring road, Princess Street I think it is called, which is handy for the town hall square and watergate street.

there are NCP car parks, one very central in the Grosvenor Mall and another one close by in Pepper Street, they are more expensive I believe.

England
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Car Park In the evening?

Does it have to be a car park ? Some major streets/roads are available after 6pm. Most are in busy/well lit areas (eg City Road), depends what you are coming into town for.

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Car Park In the evening?

Thanks for your replies and the map & charges link. We just wanted to have a walk around the centre when it was quieter as opposed to a Saturday when there's lots of shoppers about. I just wanted somewhere central to park. The Gorse Stacks or the Princess street ones look ideal for what I want.

5. Re: Best Car Park In the evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Chester