We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester Central Travelodge Parking

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chester Central Travelodge Parking

I am staying at this Hotel for 4 nights starting 25th December.

Where can I park cheaply? I dont intend to use my car at all for those 4 days,so somewhere outside the centre is a possibility.

I have read about the Park & Ride options, but can you leave your car overnight.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

Hmm - overnight in the Park & Ride . Well you can but I'm not sure I'd do it. I don't have much call to leave my car overnight these days but in the past I've used the car park at the Racecourse for ovenighters. It's used by guests staying at the Holiday Inn and feels a bit safer that the out of town ones. Another one that is used a lot for overnighters is at the station. It's about £4 a day / £20 a week. Both of these are an easy walk to the Travelodge but I'd advise dropping off your luggage first.

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

Really appreciate your help

Where can I get info about parking at the station?

Is it in walking distance once I have dropped my luggage off?

Would it be open Christmas day?

Many thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

The station car park is Pay & Display and it doesn't have barriers so it will be open on Christmas Day. It's just beside the railway station on City Road so yes you can walk to the hotel.

Just a though - I can't remember if it takes notes. Bring a stack of £ coins just in case.

And another though - since it's Christmas and the town will be quiet. So you might get away with street parking during your stay. Try around Albion Street.

Edited: 08 December 2009, 13:11
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

P.S. The Chester City web site has info on the council run car parks:

cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/transport_and_…

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

Thankyou very much

What a great help!

Cheers

WEST MIDS
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

Just read your post again

Is parking free in Albion Street? As it seems a little closer than the station?

Cheers

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

Albion Street is "residents only." I just though at Christmas you might be able to sneak in there. ;-)

8. Re: Chester Central Travelodge Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations