We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please. 60th birthday surprise

lancashire
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Help please. 60th birthday surprise

Boring husband doesn't want anything for 6oth birthday so thought i would arrange family meal (probably 16-20 adults 3 children). thought about weekend in sun but too difficult to arrange so settled for chester within travelling distance for family. Need nice hotel (poss with tennis court but not essential) but really nice menu for dinner.needs to be fairly central to shops etc so i can buy surprise present. getting desperate now as need to book for weekend end October. .have used this site for ages- looking forward to receiving any help!! x

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please. 60th birthday surprise

Hmmm - 16-20 people at a weekend, tennis court, central and nice dinner. And needed this month. Boy that's a challenge. But let's see what we can come up with.

Tennis court and central won't go together - nowhere in the city centre has enough grounds for a tennis court.

So for a city centre splurge I suggest the newest swishest hotel in Chester - the Abode. That meets your criteria for central and good food. Absolutely yummy food in the Michael Caines (of 2 Michelin stars fame) restaurant. Or for an out of town place with tennis and nice food then the Grosvenor Pulford fits the bill. The food is strongly influence by Italian styles and flavours - lovely, fresh and tasty. It's about 15 minutes drive into Chester.

Of course I've no idea of your budget so these might miss the mark completely. Just post again if you need other suggestions.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please. 60th birthday surprise

Would second choice of Abode, have reviewed the restaurant. Good setting, glitzy restaurant, close to town centre.

Tennis courts in Westminster Park and Hoole.

lancashire
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please. 60th birthday surprise

Thanks so much for advice. Budget not a problem thank goodness. Will look at booking Abode. Thanks again

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please. 60th birthday surprise

You,ve probably booked now, just wanted to add that i did the same thing for my husbands 60th, booked a weekend at the Coach House Hotel in Chester, (right in the heart of everything) and we LOVED it. The room we had was beautiful and they gave us strawberrys and champagne.

5. Re: Help please. 60th birthday surprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester