We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for really nice hotel near chester..

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newry, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
looking for really nice hotel near chester..

was recommended carden park...can you tell me is it family friendly?

I am looking for somewhere lovely as its special occassion.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

I have not been there, but have heard mixed reviews. It has a pool and has a lot of sport (golf anyway) so I would think would be family friendly. Hope your trip goes well.

North Wales
Level Contributor
521 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

Carden Park is a De Vere Hotel. Big Hotel in extensive grounds with spa, pool, championship golf etc. very nice if a bit corporate.

If you want to try something a bit different but very special I'd suggest Frogg Manor just up the road from Carden www.froggmanorhotel.co.uk. We've only eaten there but it was absolutely superb. Believe me you won't have stayed anywhere like it before. (Oh and it's haunted).

Newry, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

Do you mind me asking wehere you stayed? Was it nice?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

Hey, I stayed at Abode Chester, and it was great. You can also find info about it on the site I posted above. Are you planning to visit Chester?Because if you are, I found another site, while browsing the web - http://www.chesterzoohotels.com/.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

Abode is great, I have reviewed it, but you ask about family friendly, depends on what you want. Do you want to be city centre or in the country, swimming pool and that sort of thing, and budget of course.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

Carden Park is really nice, It is very family friendly, I was there on Sunday for a spa day and the there were lots of families in the pool area.

7. Re: looking for really nice hotel near chester..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester