We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarvin by Chester

Southport
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tarvin by Chester

Hi, I'm travelling to a place called Tarvin near Chester next month with my partner. To be honest I barely know anything about Chester, I've been there as a child but as I'm going as an adult now, I was hoping if anyone could tell me what is the cheapest taxi service in Chester and are there any buses that go from Chester to Tarvin? I'm staying in the George and Dragon Hotel.

Also what buses are there from Chester to the zoo?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,921 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarvin by Chester

Why not phone the hotel and get the answer from a local that probably has the information at their fingertips?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tarvin by Chester

There's a park & ride next to Chester Zoo, so there's definitely a bus - can you pay to use the bus if you haven't parked the car at the park & ride though? (maybe a silly question, but we don't have that wonderful facility here, more's the pity).

We stayed in Tarvin a couple of years ago and had dinner at the George & Dragon (very nice too).

Here's a link to the bus services - there's a map detailing where the various services go and, from what I could see, bus no. 83 goes to Tarvin (but you'd best check with the local council, to make sure).

cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/transport_and_…

Southport
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tarvin by Chester

thank you for the help :)

I did email the hotel and ask if there were any buses but they have not emailed me back.

I suppose I will phone them when it gets nearer the time.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tarvin by Chester

Sorry I can't help with Chester taxis but I can help with buses.

Buses from Chester to Tarvin run roughly every 15 minutes and the journey takes about 20 minutes. It's service number 82 or 84 both leave from the same stand in the bus station. There's a bus stop just a couple of doors away from the G&D.

Buses to the zoo are easy too. Service number 1 runs every 15 minutes and the journey takes about 15 minutes.

Have fun.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tarvin by Chester

If we need taxis we use Kingkabs, tel 01244 343434. Sometimes you get a banger, sometimes a limo, but they turn up on time and charge the going rate, which is less than a black cab would charge you.

Plenty of buses to the zoo and Tarvin, it's not far at all.

Have a great trip!

chester
Level Contributor
66 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tarvin by Chester

Tarvin Taxis are really good and reliable - I use them a lot for home and business. Not especially cheap, but prices are all much of a muchness really - phone Chris on 07890454207. He has a minibus if required!

7. Re: Tarvin by Chester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Chester