We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

Hi

My friend and I are wanting to visit Chester for a girlie weekend in a good hotel with a spa but not too far from the city centre for a bit of retail therapy. I know there is a park & ride system around Chester and wondered if anyone can recommend a nice hotel with this option.

Many thanks

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

Not a park and ride, but the Doubletree Chester has a spa and there is a bus stop pretty much right outside. We stayed there back in the summer and we really liked the hotel. We didn't use the spa but we did use the gym - it was much better than our grotty local one! The location was very good too, not long on the bus and a cab back from town was very reasonable.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

I think the Ramada on Christleton Road is near a Park and Ride, the one near Sainsburys, though with the roadworks at the roundabout not sure how you would get to it these days.

Wrexham Road Park and Ride passes the Holiday Inn, but not sure if it stops there, the normal Wrexham buses do.

Upton Park and Ride? Can't think of any hotels near there.

The best hotel with the best spa is the Grosvenor slap bang in the middle of town, just depends on your budget? Also a spa at the Crowne Plaza which is central. Hope you find what you are looking for!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

You don't say when you are coming but the roadworks referred to by PennyW are scheduled to finish in November. They are slowing traffic down in that area but have not actually cut off access to either the Park and Ride or the Ramada hotel.

Perhaps should point out that the P&R does not function in the evening- in fact the car parks are locked around 7.15 so you could not use the service for an evening out in the city.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

Thank you for the information. We are not planning our trip until May but I like to look around for a good deal can now have a look at the hotels suggested.

Thanks again

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

There is also a spa at the Grosvenor Pulford which is on a bus route into Chester. Rowton Hall is probably a taxi ride, can't imagine a bus would get down the lane! Both seem to be well regarded, not tried either.

North Wales
Level Contributor
529 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

The Grosvenor at Pulford is on the main Chester - Wrexham road so buses are very frequent (every 10 minutes at peak times). The hotel is literally on the England / Wales border.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

Thank you that is very helpful and the hotel does look nice

8. Re: Hotels near a park & ride in Chester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Chester