We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Please can I have bus details/costs/times that would take me from Chester train station to Cheshire Oaks?

Are times different at the weekend?

Is is any easier/cheaper going from a Liverpool train station?

Thank you

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Hi, does it have to be train? The number 1 bus from Chester bus station will drop you off right in the middle of Cheshire Oaks. Getting there by train is much more awkward. The closest train station to Cheshire Oaks is Ellesmere Port (about 2-3 miles away) then it would be taxi or bus from there.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Sorry, I meant to add that the buses run (I'm fairly sure) every 30 minutes - the same as the trains from Chester to Ellesmere Port or from Liverpool to Ellesmere Port.

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Apparently First run a bus from Liverpool to Chester which goes via Cheshire Oaks. It's no 1.

Current Timetables | Chester & The Wirral | FirstGroup …firstgroup.com/ukbus/…timetables

I don't think they would accept the Merseytravel day pass which I believe is only valid to Chester via the train service. Bus all the way could be dearer than train to Chester and then bus to Cheshire Oaks. I have to say I don;t really know you need to contact the bus company for fares.

Gibel

Edited: 01 February 2012, 19:55
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

No 1 bus is definitely the easiest option but if you arrive in Chester by train you have to get into city centre to pick it up as it does not go by the station.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

I intend arriving in Chester by train and then want to travel to CO by whatever is the easiest/fastest/cheapest mode of transport, from which I can gather, is this First No 1 bus which some of you have mentioned.

How much does it cost please? How long does it take? From where can I get the bus?

Many thanks for replies so far, much appreciated

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

From Cheshire Oaks website

By Train

Ellesmere Port and Chester Railway Stations are closest to the designer outlet and are approximately 5-15 minutes away. Regular services operated by Merseyrail run between Liverpool Central and Ellesmere Port. From Chester Railway Station taxi's are avaliable from outside the station, or catch a train to Bache and then take the No.1 bus to the outlet. For times and fares see Merseyrail.org. National Rail Enquiries, Telephone +44 (0) 8457 48 49 50.

By Bus

Buses operated by First Bus run services via Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet. The No. 1 bus runs between Chester and Liverpool, Monday to Saturday and a limited service on Sunday. The No. 36 also runs via the Outlet. Please contact First Bus for more details. Telephone +44 (0) 1782 592500, Customer Services +44 (0) 8708 500 868

Gibel

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Many thanks for all these details. Actually went today and got the No1bus from Chester (4.70 return) to Cheshire Oaks. Seems to be a very efficient if not very well used bus service.

The shuttle bus from the station now costs 1.00 unless you have a bus pass. If I had known it was so close to the centre, I wouldn't have bothered as the bus took a few mins to get into the town. On my return journey I walked from the centre and beat the bus. 1.00 is very expensive for such a tiny journey. Paid 3.50 last year in Newcastle for a one day travel pass for the area and went miles.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Thanks for reporting back. It is always helpful to know how people get on. Hope you bought something nice.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Whoops....have only just looked at this site again....'Did I buy something nice?'

Well, having originally visited CO over 10 years ago and then again about 4 years ago, I think the quality of merchandise has dropped quite considerably. I know it was a very cold day when I visited but there were few people there and what I saw in the shops would not inspire me to visit again. A lot of the stock looked old and many prices were above what I have seen in normal sales. NO, CO is not on my list of places to visit again and I am glad I didn't waste petrol driving there for what was about an hour visit....I had seen enough in that time and returned to Chester on the NO1 bus.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chester to Cheshire Oaks

Thanks for that report too. Never found anything special there myself either though some people seem to get good bargains every time they visit.

Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations