We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea suggestions?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea suggestions?

My friends and I are coming to Chester in November for my friends hen weekend and I want to try and book afternoon tea for us all but have no idea where to go.

Looking for somewhere that's not too expensive (Im paying for this after all and Im skint lol) but has decent food and good atmosphere and isn't too snobby.

Any suggestions welcome and if possible please can you give me links to places so i can check it out.

Thanks in advance.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

For quality of the cakes I would say Zugers

www.zugertearooms.co.uk

but it is quite small and perhaps could not accommodate a sizeable group.

How about Oddfellows?

www.oddfellows.biz

You can book their quirky Alice in Wonderland room for private events, I believe

Not sure on prices for either of them - but certainly cheaper than the Grosvenor!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

I stayed at the New Blossoms Hotel at New Year and noticed they did afternoon tea for 9.99 , 14.99 with champagne or 4.99 for tea and scones. Its a lovely hotel in the heart of Chester

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

Just noticed this thread is duplicated...

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

Afternoon tea looked good here when we visited recently,we had lunch which was excellent.

www.coachhousechester.co.uk

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

PennyW, I know, I posted from my phone using the app and for some reason, posted twice. Odd.

Anyhoo, thankyou so much for your suggestions, I'm going to have a look at them all and decide where we're going to go. I can't wait to get back to Chester, its such a beautiful city.

England
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

Katie's tea rooms in Watergate Street.

Wigan, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

Although the grosvenor is not cheap it turns out to be all you can eat and is an event as well as food- best desserts and service i think i have ever had. Alternatively keep an eye on groupn for offers in New Brighton- 25 mins by train

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

I would agree that the Grovernor is superb, but I am so disappointed and outraged that they have decided not to alow children into the library for the traditional afternoon tea, due to irresponsible parents allowing their childre to misbehave. A selfish few parents spoil it for all the children who have been taught to behave when outside.

9. Re: Afternoon tea suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Chester