We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

LOL I went to the dogs recently and they searched all our handbags, for alcohol I presume, of course we had nothing with us.

However reading how expensive drinks are at the races (and having already paid #40 for tickets and #20 for coach), did think about sneaking in a cheeky hip flask of vodka - we are in the County Stand so not allowed to take alcohol in, but am not averse to bending the rules however would be mortified if they searched my bag and found it!!

What do you reckon? Take the risk or not? Anyone else done this?

Thanks x

Edited: 27 June 2012, 11:19
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

If you're a female, try wearing a bra a size too big, and secreting miniatures inside the bra, making sure they are not touching each other to avoid "clink-age"

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

I like your style sick bag lol!! However we decided to get royally merry on the minibus there and bought drinks on the course, at £40 a bottle champagne was not cheap but I got lucky and won a couple of hundred so all in all s good day. We were not searched either so could have taken a sneaky hip flask in xxx

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

Lol good on ya. Just bought tickets today for county stand on friday 10th may. Might see you there. I'll be the one with the big boobed woman who's walking VERY carefully.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

Why not try broken leg in fake plaster with crutches both hollow lol or have I've been watching to many films

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

On the subject of "take your own booze to do's"; a friend of ours went to an engagement party at a plush expensive venue. She wrapped a box of wine in gift wrapping, and had it on her table with the tap statically poking through out of view ! Serious drinker, lol.

1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

I was wondering the same. Chester races website suggests to take binoculars and you can actually buy fake ones and fill it with vodka ect. So I'm doing that! :)

wigan
Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

In future you can take almost my thing onto the open part of the ground.

One year some friends drove on with own BBQ , cool boxes gazebos, chairs etc. about £8 a ticket to get into this part of the course and you are free to roam anywhere but the stands.

England
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

The Open course always has been just that..."open", you are allowed own food, drink, seats etc. It is the area that most families head for, especially on family days. It has, however no access to anywhere else, there are no future plans to alter this arrangement.The Open course is good on a "good weather" day, but is somewhat detatched from the rest of the course

19. Re: Chester Races - Do you get handbags searched? County Stand.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester