We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1539 Restaurant

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
1539 Restaurant

Has anyone dined/had drinks here recently on a Monday or Tuesday evening? Is it reasonably lively on these nights of the week? Would like to take a friend who is visiting Chester just for 2 nights, but don't want dinner somewhere that is that is too quiet and lacking atmosphere!

Thanks!

England
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1539 Restaurant

Mondays/Tuesdays in town can be quiet, regardless of where you eat.

Have eaten at 1539, several times and different days of the week, no consistency in numbers of diners. Would I go back, yes.... but there are lots of places to eat.

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1539 Restaurant

Thanks, I know Chester well, just wondered about this particular place early in the week. Fancy taking my friend here, but don't want to spend that amount of money if there's no atmosphere and we're the only diners!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1539 Restaurant

I too have eaten there several times. Evenings,in general, are quieter there than lunchtimes.like Mrs Puddle I would happily go back. Once in the evening there was only one other couple there and we quite liked it. Certainly got excellent service.

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
221 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1539 Restaurant

Ok, thanks for your input folks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1539 Restaurant

I have enjoyed my lunches there, lovely food, no idea how busy it would be. Enjoyed a lunch at Michael Caines on a Tuesday the other week and that was pretty lively. For dinner, the liveliest place in town on a Tuesday is Chez Jules, you may have to book. They do a deal and it is very popular.

6. Re: 1539 Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester