We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotwire

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
hotwire

has anyone used hotwire for booking a hotel

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotwire

Hotwire is a major US based booking site, it sometimes offer hot deals where you don't know which hotel you are getting until after you have booked (similar to Priceline name your price but with a fixed price)

Acton, California...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotwire

Don't use Hotwire! You can not choose bed type and get stuck in a small crap room! Of course you don't know this until you get there, so my advise is DON'T use them!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotwire

Despite Pollys experience, I got a huge room in a very nice hotel. However, that was in Amsterdam so I'm not sure that helps you assuming you are looking in Chester :-)

If you are looking elsewhere, post in that destination forum. I cant imagine there being many takers for Chester, AFAIK its really aimed at major cities.

Its also best for short stays. You are unlikely to get a bargain for a week lets say. 2 or 3 days, you may.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,152 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotwire

Maybe have a look at what hotwire offers and then contact the hotel direct and compare. I have found 9 out of 10 times you get as good if not a better deal contacting direct, more flexibility and greater service.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
323 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotwire

PennyW, your experience is totally at odds with mine, I would say 1 in 10 offer to match an online deal. I have on many occasions throughout Europe booked a room online whilst standing at the reception desk (sometimes even using their WIFI with them giving me the code) as they wouldn't/couldn't offer a comparable rate.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotwire

The OP´s history shows that they have asked, and been given advice, before about booking reasonably priced hotels in Chester. The advice given then was good so not sure what he/she hopes to gain by posting again. Though actually we have no proof, other than a posting on the Chester forum, that the present query is about hotels in Chester

7. Re: hotwire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations