We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

I've had a look through the restaurant reviews and I've managed to find two places that look like they would suit me for eating, one of them is by the river. I am looking for relaxed places to eat that do good food and aren't stuffy where you can be relaxed and where there isn't any dress code. Like to wear my jeans. I would like to avoid anywhere that gets too rammed and definitely don't want anywhere that is going to be full of stag/hen parties. No offence to anyone intended there, I just like a quiet(ish) night out and to be able to hear myself think.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Suzi

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Places to eat

Katies tea rooms are on Watergate Street, as is Moules a gogo, which is the other side of the street on Row level, and is always worth visiting. Francs did close down again and has reopened with another name, I did put it on a long thread about Francs that has been going on for a while, someone else checked the prices and it sounds very expensive. La Tasca tapas is good but it is a 'chain', whereas Moules and Chez Jules are more locally based and you will be supporting local economy. Talking of 'chains' Nandos has now opened in Bridge Street, not shortage of places to eat in Chester! The Architect is recommended too.

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
659 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Places to eat

Francs is still open in Cuppin Street and seems to be called Bouchon on TA. As you are from St Ives, my favourite place in Cornwall ( and me a southern coast Devonian!) , you should love Moules too.

13. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Chester