We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester Races

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Chester Races

Hi

I am looking to go to Chester Races on 31 August and book as a suprise for a friends birthday. I wondered if anyone knew whether booking the finishing post package or weighing room package is the better option? I know that you only get seats in the Long room and, given that it often rains in uk, thought that having the researved seats at the finishing post might be nice, although I know that is all you get whereas the weighing room package offers drink/breakfast.

Any tips?

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Chester Races

Have re read my post......correction, it's more like a 5 minute walk from town hall area, it really is that close, but add a little extra for the crowds.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chester Races

thanks for your help!

somebody has told me it's a twenty minute walk from the station. mind you i read people saying it's the same time from manchester piccadilly to the etihad when, really, it's half an hour for most people.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chester Races

Google estimates 25 minutes to walk the route I suggested but as MrsPuddle says the crowds as you near the racecourse may slow you down and you then have to factor in any queues and a walk once inside the gates to get to your section of the course.

Edited: 09 July 2013, 21:14
Gosport, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Chester Races

I'd lean towards the tatter-stalls, the way racing is supposed to be enjoyed :) Also, there are some real good point to point meetings in the surrounding countryside. If you're a racing fan, and prefer over the sticks, you'll enjoy that too,

15. Re: Chester Races

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 07:19