We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch outside

manchester
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch outside

Going chester shopping this Saturday want to book a nice place for lunch with outside eating in the sun near to all the shops, think it will b busy as its a race day.

Picanha by Fazenda
££ - £££, Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue
NiceBites
£, Cafe, British
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch outside

Try Duttons, www.duttonschester.co.uk tucked away in medieval Godstall Lane between the cathedral and Eastgate Row. You will probably need to book to be sure of a table - if they take lunchtime bookings.

Alternatively, several places in Bridge Street now put tables outside in nice weather

Edited: 11 July 2013, 18:02
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch outside

If it is Race Day and this sunny weather continues I think everywhere will be very busy! Near the centre I can think of Oddfellows which has some open space, or Botticelli's in Northgate Street which has a terrace for outdoor dining which is very nice. The Architect will I imagine will be wall to wall outdoors.

There are outdoor seats by the canal at Old Harkers and Artichoke, but they might be a bit out of your way.

Mentioned in this post
The Architect
The Architect
1,604 Reviews
Chester, UK
Artichoke
Artichoke
727 Reviews
Chester, UK
England
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch outside

First race is 2.15 pm, last is 5.45 pm. In between town will be quieter, choose your moment ! The Church at the back of the precinct has outside eating, it is very popular at the moment.

A T
Cheshire
Level Contributor
330 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch outside

PennyW, where abouts on Northgate Street is Botticelli's and is it any good?

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch outside

Penny will correct me if I'm wrong but I think she means Bollicini in Rufus Court which is off Northgate Street , on right shortly before the Northgate. Never eaten there so can't comment on quality

Mentioned in this post
Bollicini
Bollicini
98 Reviews
Chester, UK
A T
Cheshire
Level Contributor
330 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch outside

I have eaten at Bollocini a number of times and find the quality far to inconsistent, sometimes awful, however at best mediocre and after the last visit would not give it another go. Hard to believe it is owned by Sergios, as their food is always consistently good.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch outside

ooops, yes, heat getting to my brain, I do mean Bollicini's, and I would not eat there in the evening ever again (I did give a stinking review) but at lunch time it is very pleasant. In Rufus Court off Northgate Street, a simple light Italian lunch with some cold wine, what could be better?!

8. Re: Lunch outside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Chester