We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking & Breakfast !

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
307 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Parking & Breakfast !

We have been to Chester many times but usually stay somewhere with parking. We are staying at the Travelodge Central this time so was wondering where i can leave my car for 2 days (Thursday afternoon to Saturday morning). I have used the Grosvenor shopping centre previously but that was just 24 hours. I have looked at some threads but there's seems to be nothing new in the last 12 months - is it possible to leave my car somewhere for two nights in the centre and without having to return to it at the crack of dawn to put another ticket on it ?

(Would have jumped on the train instead as don't mind this option but need to be back early Saturday due to the early footy kick offs).

Second question - Does anyone have any recommendations for breakfasts in the centre ? Not just your full cooked though.

Many thanks

England
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

Have not used it, but believe you can park at the train station car park, without having to return to your car on a daily basis. You would then have the walk to the Travel Lodge, drop any luggage off first. What do you mean by "not just full cooked"

Edited: 28 April 2014, 12:03
England
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

Have just noticed Travel Lodge web site offers a couple of car parking options, not sure how they compare, price wise.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

My favourite breakfast, eggs Benedict at carluccios.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

I think there is an arrangement with the Travelodge with the Pepper Street NCP which is very close by, otherwise station is probably your best bet. You can pay using credit card and mobile phone for days up to a week I think. Rate used to be about £5 a day.

There is a café place round the corner from the Travelodge, sort of continental patisserie type place which I imagine does a breakfast trade from the TL.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

Zugers is the name of the cafe suggested by Penny. Very good

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
307 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

Many thanks for your help - looking forward to another stay in Chester. Cheers

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
307 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

Apologies I meant something like a Deli style café. I do like a full cooked breakfast but we also like something a bit healthier & or continental. We don't mind walking anywhere In the centre. Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

Zugers are a Swiss firm originally. They do omelettes and the like as well as pastries.

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
307 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

thanks again to you all

10. Re: Parking & Breakfast !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations