We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and ride

cardiff
Level Contributor
247 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Park and ride

Where exactly in Chester does the P & R bus drop you off? (I want to get to Grosvenor Park)

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and ride

Hi, I don't know if all the different Park & Ride buses drop off at the same place but the one from Chester Zoo drops off in Frodsham Street. From the bus stop, walk straight ahead towards the Lush store, which is next to Santander bank on the corner of St. John Street. Walk down St. John Street and cross over the road at the end. Turn to the left here - the amphitheatre site and then the ancient St John the Baptist Parish Church will be on your right. Just after the church is the entrance to Grosvenor Park.

Which Park & Ride are you planning to take? I can check for you where it drops off if different from above..

Edited: 29 April 2014, 11:38
England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and ride

Grosvenor Park is very close to the town centre .As previous post pointed out, it can depend which park & ride you use. Some drop off in Frodsham Street, some at the main bus station (a slightly longer walk). Either way, you will do it in minutes.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and ride

There's a map of "Chester city centre public transport/ bus stop" (the park and ride ones are marked with "P & R") as a PDF download from:

cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/tran…

cardiff
Level Contributor
247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and ride

I`ll be using the Boughton Heath one.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park and ride

That drops you off at the top of Frodsham Street. Go up to Eastgate Street and almost opposite top of Frodsham Street.is St John Street. Go left at bottom of there and you are at the park. Five minutes walk at most.

cardiff
Level Contributor
247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park and ride

Many thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park and ride

Just a thought... You aren't coming for the Open Air Theatre in the park by any chance? I ask because the P&R does not function in the evening and, in fact, cars are locked in after the last bus which goes shortly after the shops/offices close.

cardiff
Level Contributor
247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park and ride

No - but thanks for the thought.

9. Re: Park and ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations