We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trips

Hoping to visit Chester in June and looking for some 'day trip' ideas. Is Cheddar Gorge doable?

Also hoping to get some recommendations for a decent hotel, fairly close to the railway station and within walking distance of the town. Does'nt need to be anything fancy, Best Western or Premier or one of the other chains is fine.

PS. Not into the races.

Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trips

Thanks for the ideas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trips

HI Sinbadone1

If you still planning to visit Cheddar, I would like to recommend you a visit to this place.

I recently visited Cheddar Gorge for a camping and hiking trip. And I feel you need atleast a day to see this beautiful village.

If you are interested in walking- may be a hike to Gorge Cliffs will make your day with amazing views spreading across Bristol.

If you are interested in rock climbing, there are companies that organizes such activities.

I have written a small post on my trip to Cheddar. You might like to read it - travelfunfoodpictures.com/2014/…

I hope you enjoy your time.

Cheers,

Aanchal

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trips

Thanks. Just back and sadly no time for a Cheddar trip.

Maybe sometime in the future though.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trips

Definitely a stretch too far! Hope you enjoyed Chester.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trips

Thank you. Yes, very much indeed.

16. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations