We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

nantwich
Level Contributor
623 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

I'm coming over to Chester in a couple of weeks with fellow rock / indie / alternative music fans... I've been to Chester quite a few times but have never found a pub or club that plays that kind of music... yeah, that's probably my bad... I need something in the city centre... any ideas, please? Thanks in advance.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

The Chester Hangman on Station Road ( 5 min walk from the station) used to be a bit of a rock pub. But it's had a makeover and is now called The Live Rooms and has live bands on. Some quite big names play there:

http://www.theliverooms.com/

Can't think of anywhere else though, but there's some decent real ale pubs in Chester such as the Bear & Billet, Brewery Tap, Pied Bull etc.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 01:48
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

No idea what is on at Telfords or Alexanders...?

wigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

Plenty of places: as well as above try chester saddle and the eagle

nantwich
Level Contributor
623 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

Cheers, guys, I'll check them out!

5. Re: Rock / Alternative music pubs in Chester..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations