We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2007 June in Cornwall

Milano
2 posts
Save Topic
2007 June in Cornwall

We are an Italian couple of 50 years old, living in Milano. In June we want to spend one week in Cornwall as my hustband is fond of golf...as a beginner. While he is golfind, I would like to attend English conversation class.

Any clue about reasonable accomodation/arrangements which can match both requests at affordable price?

Thank you and ciao.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2007 June in Cornwall

First off have you found an English class? If you have that arranged (which will surely be the most difficult part of this) you can then find local golf and accomodation to suit!

Do a google and what do you find??

www.europa-pages.com/uk/west_country2.html

Seems there is one down the road from me! Also one in Boscastle.

You are never far from a golf course to be honest. Falmouth, Truro, Newquay, St Ives, St Enodoc and many in between.

Many will be links but there are a few parkland.

May be worth an enquiry to a couple you fancy as to green fees and entry requirements. Not sure if any require a handicap to play. Others will be quite challenging. St Enodoc has some extremely scary bunkers! Some like Killiow are very open to visitors.

I think once you have the English Class sorted that will focus your search for golf and accomodation.

I'd also recommend checking out hiring a car as transport will certainly be an issue with clubs to carry!

Good luck!

2. Re: 2007 June in Cornwall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 12:22