We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help

Glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
help

My husband and I are planning to go to the Devon / Cornwall area on holiday. Does anyone have any recomendations for luxury apartments with sea views in a nice town. We may also consider hotels.

Thanks

Sandra

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help

Hi there

There would be literally tons of possibilities here - basically, every resort in Devon and Cornwall. Could you possibly narrow it down a bit, even as far as Cornwall OR Devon?

What else do you like doing on holiday? - that might well influence a suggestion or two.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help

devonsfinest.co.uk have some very luxurious places. I wish I could say I'd stayed in any of them, but sadly not!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
82 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help

We have nowhere specific in mind and are open to sugestions. I would like to stay by the sea,somewhere with good restaurants and pubs. I would like to be able to walk to browse little unusual shops. We also like to be able to drive to visit other villages and towns within a reasonable distance.

The most important thing is the accomodation.

contemporary

luxurious

1 or 2 bedrooms

good sea view

hot tub would be a bonus

We looked at flats at westward ho,but after reading reviews the town itsself seemed to be a bit of a dump with not much going on !

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks

Sandra

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
590 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help

Hi Sandra

The Cove at Lamorna Cove is one place that seems to meet your accomodation spec. Some of the apartments they have are amazing, floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean, though expensive as you would expect. Have a look at their website which also tells you a little about the local area, www.thecovecornwall.com. Lamorna Cove is not a town though but you are not far from others.

Blois, France
Destination Expert
for Blois
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help

Here's one in St Mawes-

http://www.tavernrocks.com/accommodation.html

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help

Hi SandraGlasgow, Have a look at Falmouth in Cornwall....(see inside pages on Trip Advisor for really detailed information). Falmouth is mid way in Cornwall - ideal as a base for touring all around. Falmouth is a Harbour Town situated on the River Fal offering lots of Restaurants/cafes/bars for every taste. There is a nice shopping area which runs along the sea edge, there are lovely sandy beaches and footpaths for walking, Pendennis Castle and a passenger ferry which you can take across the water to St. Mawes (they also have a Castle). There are lots of holiday apartments in this area too....i'll list a couple of sights for you to check out.

I must agree with you that Westward Ho is very run down and could do with a real "clean up".

Sites to look at are:-

falmouth-waterfront-holidays.co.uk/falmouth_…

in-falmouth.co.uk/self-catering/index.html

falmouth-late-availability-self-catering.co.…

Hope these are of help. You will need to book soon if you are planning to come in the Summertime - places get booked up very quickly down here!

Caz :)

england
Level Contributor
4,754 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help

you could look at Lyme Regis, Sidmouth or St Ives. Lyme is beautiful and Sidmouth has the little shops you'd like. Sorry can't recommend accomodation at either. At St Ives the Tregenna Castle might suit - although its older they have some newer apartments I think. Everyone should visit St Ives once in their life!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help

Headland Hotel at Newquay has some selfcontained accmodation. I'm not sure it's a luxurious as you're wanting but the location is pretty good.

9. Re: help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 23:16