We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to base ourselves?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to base ourselves?

Hi all

My hubby and I are coming to Cornwall in May, flying into Newquay airport and hiring a car. We want to see Tintagel, Lands end, beaches, pretty towns and other general cool stuff. I am a bit confused by all the different places in the area and wondered if there was a central place we could stay and drive comfortably to most of the sights. We're quite keen to go luxury so will probably splash out on a nice hotel, hopefully near lots of good restaurants and bars.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
27,034 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to base ourselves?

Newquay itself is pretty lively, why not stay there??

Otherwise, IMO you should be looking for something 'bohemian' near the Tate at St Ives!!

2. Re: Where to base ourselves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2009, 23:12
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to base ourselves?

Thanks guys! Yeah I was thinking maybe St Ives, it looks really nice

Weird thing tho, I seem to be having trouble finding a hotel with a pool, I guess its because you guys are so near the sea but there hardly seems to be any!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to base ourselves?

If you are looking for a bit of luxury in St Ives I can recommend the Boskerris hotel in Carbis Bay (short, pretty coastal walk into St Ives or get the mini train).

The only thing with St Ives as your base is that its quite far from Tintagel, but then its close to Land's End. St Ives is lovely though and there is plenty to see in the surrounding area so you could have short drives to places you want to see, with one day set aside for a longer drive to Tintagel.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to base ourselves?

Try this bestloved.com/accommodation/hotels-with-swim…

Also, i know the Falmouth beach resort hotel has an indoor pool and is right on the seafront. www.bw-falmouthbeachhotel.co.uk/Default.asp

6. Re: Where to base ourselves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 05:29