We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good coffee in Cornwall?

London, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Good coffee in Cornwall?

I have heard there are some places that do really good coffee in Cornwall. I am from NZ where we are obsessed with good coffee (Flat whites etc). We live in London where it's not easy to get a good coffee. Is there anywhere in Cornwall to go for good coffee?

We are staying in Boscastle but will be travelling around for 4 days.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Boscastle
Boscastle
Cornwall, UK
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,607 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

It all depends on your taste. I like Cafe Nero, and there is one in Truro, I also think you can get a lovely cappachino in a small cafe called Bojangles in Bodmin.

I may well be slated for this, but I think Wetherspoons coffee is ok as well!

Mentioned in this post
Bodmin
Bodmin
Cornwall, UK
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

As the poster said s/he'd had trouble getting good coffee in London, I suspect that Caffe Nero and Wetherspoons probably aren't what they're after! For what it's worth, I do think Caffe Nero has the best 'chain' coffee here, but I would imagine they've found Caffe Nero in London and they're after something better. Really not sure, though - if none of the independent / Italian-run places in London have been up to scratch for you (how many have you tried??), I sort of doubt you'll find anything to your liking in Cornwall, to be honest. There is such a thing as the Cornish Coffee Company, and you'll see their coffee sold in various cafes, I would have thought (don't know the Boscastle area, but certainly further south west a fair few little cafes were advertising 'Cornish Coffee'). Wouldn't swear that it was better than anything you could find in London though!

Mentioned in this post
Boscastle
Boscastle
Cornwall, UK
London, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

Thank you for the help. I have tried all the chains and would not consider any chain coffee to be nice :-( The UK does great tea though!

Haven't tried the Cornish Coffee Company so will give that a go to see.

Have done a little bit of research and apparently bintwo in South Quay, Padstow do really nice coffee (Using Monmouth which is one of the best coffee's in London). The owner did a barista course after trying their coffee so really looking forward to going there.

Again thanks very much for your help. Hope we can find some other place for coffee with maybe scones and clotted cream in Cornwall! I don't drink, smoke, do anything like that but do have a thing with coffee!!! (Just need one good one a day!)

Mentioned in this post
Padstow
Padstow
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

I am very fussy about my coffee also and love Origin Coffee which is a Cornish coffee company (not same as Cornish Coffee Co), look out for it in cafes and restaurants, I know they serve it at the Hall for Cornwall and Lemon St market in Truro and The Seiners at Perranporth.

Mentioned in this post
Perranporth
Perranporth
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

I have now just had a good look at the Origin website and find that Fifteen Cornwall and BinTwo are stockists so I think this is the one you are looking for. Have a look at origincoffee.co.uk/origin_retailStockist.htm

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

Hi - re 'good coffee' we were staying near Boscastle a couple of years ago and found a very nice place for coffee right in Boscastle - just wish I could remember the name. The cafe was fairly small, not on the main street, seem to remember it was near the bridge and sold a few craft things as well (also remember it was past a shop selling some rather strange 'witchcrafty' artefacts) Remember the coffee was particularly good and when we commented on it to the proprietor he said that he really enjoyed 'good' coffee himself, so took particular care in the choosing and making of the coffee! Food was good too!! hope you find it.

Mentioned in this post
Boscastle
Boscastle
Cornwall, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

The Beach Hut on Watergate Bay - great coffee, and good food as well.

And if you want something other than coffee try their hot chocolate - it's something else !

8. Re: Good coffee in Cornwall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:18