We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day trip help

Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
4 day trip help

Hello all,

My husband, ageing mother and 2 children and I will be driving down to cornwall on Friday May 7th and driving back on May 14th. We are staying in the Redruth area (four Lanes). Taking into consideration that we will be visiting family for 2 of those days, we will have 4 full days for sightseeing.

I have tried to figure out an itinerary to make the most of this time but am having trouble fitting everything in, so I hope you can help me out and advise me.

Please feel free to change things around or swap in better things to do. This is what I have so far:

Sat 8th:

Helston flora dance

National seal sanctuary at Gweek?

Newlyn and Mousehole?

Sun + Mon with Family.

Tues 11th:

Drive to Truro, see cathedral and Museum, Trelissick gardens? catch Ferry to Falmouth, walk around, ferry back, St Mawes Castle and pendennis castle?

Wed 12th:

St Ives, carbis bay, Would this be a good time to fit in St Michaels Mount? Also a nice dinner as it's my birthday :-)

Thurs 13th:

The lizard lighthouse, kynance cove, minack theatre and Lands end. If we have time hubby wanted to try a dive with Kennack Diving School at Sea acres (near the Lizard) too.

We leave on Friday morning. When could we fit in the following:

Eden project (and kidzworld at St Austell), Newquay (holywell bay fun park too maybe), St agnes and Perranporth?

Thanks for your help!

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 4 day trip help

I think you've had some excellent advice on the itineraries. Just to throw a spanner in the works - why have you put Kidzworld high on the agenda? To be honest, it's just an indoor play park that you can find absolutely anywhere in the country/world. It seems a pity to spend an afternoon there and miss out something quintessential 'Cornish'. If your idea is to give the children somewhere to play then you would be much better off with some time on the beach - the weather in May can be lovely and even if it is 'iffy' it's still fantastic to get a bucket and spade out and dig some channels in the sand.

Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 4 day trip help

Thanks everyone for excellent advice,

I am heading back to Colchester, Essex, on the Friday so will not have the time that day to stop at Eden Project.

2 reasons I was thinking about Kidzworld - because if the weather is too wet/rainy to go to the beach and because I thought it would be memorable fun amidst all our other activities that my kids wil probably find a little boring. My idea was to go to Eden Project on a bad weather day then either stop off at kidzworld or drive over to Newquay and play in Hollywell bay. But we will see what the weathers like. Any more comments anyone?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 4 day trip help

I wouldn't bother with Kidzworld either, especially if you're not going to be in the area for any other reason.

If you do want to go somewhere specifically for the children to play, a much better option would be Crealy, midway between Wadebridge and Newquay. All our grandchildren love it and there's enough indoor activities to make it doable on a drizzly day but I wouldn't recommend it if it was pouring down.

Ditto Newquay Zoo which is a lovely day out.

We have spent many happy hours on cornish beaches in bad weather, rockpooling or crabbing and children don't seem to mind getting a little damp although you might!

Blois, France
Destination Expert
for Blois
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 4 day trip help

And another recommendation for the kids with loads to do and is certainly more memorable than kidzworld-

http://www.dairylandfarmworld.com/

15. Re: 4 day trip help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 05:16