We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

gb
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Topic
hotel

beautiful english hotel, manor house, or castle

budget of around $225 USD per room per night

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel

Though it's a bit vague, would I be right in thinking that this is the sort of place you are looking to stay at, somewhere in Cornwall ?

Do you have any idea of when and do you have any preference where abouts and how long are you staying for and will you have your own transport, ie, hire car ?

With a bit more info, hopefully someone will be able to help you find somewhere to stay in this wonderful part of England.

gb
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel

2 nights

yes i have a rental car

and march of 2006

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel

I don't know anything about it personally, but this place has been recommended by others on the Cornwall forum -

http://www.tregenna-castle.co.uk/

Certainly looks impressive.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel

Hi there i live in Cornwall so can hopefully help out a bit as already mentioned there is the Tregenna Castle at St.Ives this is a truly lovely hotel and has train service literally to the door so if you wanted to train it down to there and then pick up a hire car all well and good! But if your driving down to Cornwall may be a bit of a slog it's at the bottom of Cornwall so long ole trip! There is the Camelot Castle nr Tintagel this has breathtaking views over the rugged coastline which are beautiful however i have been inside the rooms and they are '70's style also with the ensuite in the corner not a properly enclosed room!!!(not for you if you like modern swish rooms!. Thats taken you from one end of Cornwall to the other in the middle there is the Budock Vean Hotel, Mawnan Smith, Nr Falmouth. Again there is a train service to Falmouth where you can pick up a hire car if required, The Budock Vean is a truly lovely hotel (older style set in beautiful gardens leading to the river and has it's own 9 hole golf course) but very nice and very popular being based on the Helfor River and in a lovely position for exploring the Falmouth area. You will have to check with the individual hotels web pages to get the prices but at least this gives you a few to start you off. If you want any other information please don't hesitate to ask.