We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering property needed for 7th august

midlands
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
self catering property needed for 7th august

Help - i am hoping to treat my parents to a week in cornwall (4 adults+2 children+dog in total) . However i am really struggling to find any availability other than a caravan which i don't think would suit the parents. Any ideas gratefully received although i fear we have left it too late and our budget too small??- needs to be less than £850. Our ideal property would be a cottage near a dog friendly beach with a decent local pub within walking distance. i have already searched visit cornwall etc.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

If you want somewhere with not lots of hussle & bussle then I would recommend Porthleven. On the South Cornish Coast & quite central for getting out & about.

Porthleven has the traditional Cornish Harbour but also has a nice beach which does not get packed.

We have stayed in Porthleven on three separate occasions & can well recommend Porthleven Holiday

www.cornishpropertymanagement.co.uk they have a large selection of cottages.

Our advise would be to book one overlooking the beach. It is very peaceful & beautiful. The cottages around the harbour can be a bit of a problem with parking. .

Edited: 13 May 2010, 08:20
2. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 10:05
3. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 10:05
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

Hi there

take a look at www.polperro.org for loads of info regarding accommodation

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

James Makka, I understand your good intentions, but your posts were blatant self promotion and as such aren't allowed on TA. I suggest you PM the OP with the information you gave, as your posts are likely to disappear soon.

midlands
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

Thank you so much for your replies - i really do appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have checked the suggestions provided without success.

I love polperro and that would be my perfect destination - i did come across one beautiful cottage- available AND within budget however elderly parents are very reluctant to leave their car in a public car park 10-15 from the cottage (security/insurance reasons etc.) I actually like the idea of the area being car free and would happily ditch the car for the week!! However this time i have others to please. - will definately keep the websites for future reference - so thank you and please keep the suggestions coming i am really struggling!

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

Hi

Have a look at Lemain Garden Apartments in Looe:-

http://www.lemain.com/apartments.htm

Hannafore should suit your party and has parking and is on the ground floor and has some availability in August. The weeks are available are a bit overbudget but the last week in August is just £50.00 overbudget. It is a lovely location and not too far from your preferred area.

Hope this helps.

Suzi

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

Hi

Here are some more:-

cornishcottagesonline.com/property/224-Light… - this one is within budget.

cornishcottagesonline.com/property/304-3-Coa… - available and within budget at end of August.

Hope this helps.

Suzi

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

In Porthleven many of the cottages have parking attached to them. Some of the cottages have a couple of spaces. These are usually found where the cottages are overlooking the beach.

In Porthleven there is everything that you are asking for & more. Beach , Pub , restaurants, dog friendly , harbour , small shops for everything you want. If you want your shopping to be delivered before you go there is a Tesco's in Helston that will deliver it to your doorstep.

Porthleven is very central for getting out & about to see the sights.

Edited: 13 May 2010, 12:59
Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: self catering property needed for 7th august

Spent ages looking and I can't find anything available for 6 that allows pets within budget.

Sorry.

Suzi