We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

minack theatre accommodation neaby

Midlands
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
minack theatre accommodation neaby

Would like to book at the minack theatre next summer for my husband's 60th birthday.

Where would be a good place to stay near the minack theatre for 2/3 nights

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: minack theatre accommodation neaby

Hi there

The closest place is Porthcurno where you might find a B & B or similar but assuming you want to get out and about and see some of this part of Cornwall, you would probably be better off staying somewhere a little more "on" the beaten track where you would have a decent choice of places to dine and get a beer or two. I have stayed at the Camilla House B & B in Penzance - it is of a very high standard, is inexpensive, has free on site parking and is within a few miles of sights like the Minack, St Michael's Mount, Lands End, Cape Cornwall, St Ives and so on.

Camilla House sits back from the main road and is peaceful and relaxed. if you book a front facing room, you have some lovely sea views too.

www.camillahouse.co.uk

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: minack theatre accommodation neaby

If you want a B&B 10 minutes walk from the Minack, some friends recently stayed at The Driftwood Studio and said it was lovely.

cornwall-online.co.uk/driftwood-studio/Welco…

If you decide on Penzance (which is about 8 miles from the Minack) I can recommend 3 B&Bs in Regent's Terrace, Penzance - Warwick House, The Lombard and Blue Seas. They have a good location overlooking Penzance promenade and also have the advantage of their own private parking areas.

The Dolphin Tavern, Quay Street, Penzance does great food and also gets good reviews for its accomodation.

Midlands
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: minack theatre accommodation neaby

thank you both - I shall have fun over the winter researching. I have to wait for the 2011 itinery to come out for Minack theatre to arange

4. Re: minack theatre accommodation neaby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 14:05
Edited: 01 March 2011, 14:05
5. Re: minack theatre accommodation neaby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2012, 05:35