We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

We are planning our trip with destinations of london, bath, cotswold and either liverpool or cornwall . Which would be more attractive or better to visit? Is the distance from Cotswold to LIverpool about the same as from Bath to Cornwall

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

Cornwall and aliverpool are about as different as you can get. Liverpool is a big city, Cornwall is a rural county,

Which one you travel to depends entirely on what you want. I suggest you read up on both, and decide for yourself what interests you.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

That is a bit like asking "which is better, Boston or New Mexico?".

You do need to do a bit of research, as suggested, or at least tell us what you are looking for and how long you've got.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

cornwall would win for me everytime - unless you are obsessed with the beatles, wayne rooney, fake tan and fake hair then I can't see why you would choose liverpool over cornwall. I really like liverpool actually but you don't get fab beaches, countryside, seaside villages and food. That is the wierdest comparison I have ever seen 'Liverpool or Cornwall?' Like saying 'the north pole or stratford'!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

Hi

It would have to be Cornwall unless you have a specific reason to see something in Liverpool. Presumably you have some reason to want to go to Liverpool,as its not an obvious tourist attraction, like Cornwall.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,476 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

Well, if you are planning to go to Bath, it would make more 'logistical' sense to go further West and into Devon and Cornwall.

Otherwise, my comments/advice would match others posted here. REALLY depends on what YOU want to get from your own personal trip!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

I can´t imagine why anyone would opt to visit Liverpool rather than Cornwall. Absolutely no contest!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

I can´t imagine why anyone would opt to visit Liverpool rather than Cornwall. Absolutely no contest!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

I would actually - there is loads to do and see in and around Liverpool - it is a fascinating city with some beautiful architecture, and was European Capital of Culture in 2008 - there are great beaches as well just a short drive away, either on the Wirral or just to the north in Formby, etc. Also Chester and North Wales are just around the corner, amongst other things. It is quite a major tourist centre.

But it is a bit of an odd pair to choose between :)

Edited: 03 March 2011, 01:46
North Yorks, England
Level Contributor
311 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

So according to the well informed replies Liverpool is not a tourist attractions and it's only interest would be Wayne Rooney (who plays for manchester utd and is now pretty much hated in Liverpool BTW) and fake tan - what a load of old tosh!

Liverpool is a Unesco world heritage site, it has 2 impressive cathedrals, 2 premiership football clubs, a waterfront with the Albert Dock, Maritime Museum, three graces, tate gallery etc etc. There are more museums in Liverpool than anywhere else in the UK outside of London. There's the beautiful Sefton Park, the hidden Williamson tunnels, St Georges hall, many theatres, the Philharmonic, there are apparently more trees in liverpool than any other city in the uk. Oh ann yes the Beatles came from here!

Shopping is excellent, world class restaurants, top notch hotels - I could go on but you get the gist.

It's nothing like Cornwall (which I also love) so it is like comparing chalk and cheese but do not dismiss such a wonderful city with so much to offer.

http://www.visitliverpool.com/

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
595 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: would you travel to either cornwall or liverpool

When my cousin recently came over from Australia, she had, amongst other places, Liverpool and Cornwall on her list of places to visit. She managed to get to both and loved them both. As said already, the OP needs to say what they are looking for before anyone can advise.