We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Cornwall in October

UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days in Cornwall in October

Hi

My husband and I are flying down to Cornwall with 2 friends for a short break in October and picking up a hire car.

Just not sure where to base our stay. Would like somewhere picturesque and quaint town/village to stay, possibly rather than a larger town. And do some touring around.

We have only been to Cornwall once before, many years ago with our children and stayed in Newquay then. Friends havnt been at all before.

Would appreciate any suggestions as to the places we want to visit to make our visit special.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

One of my favourite parts of Cornwall is Port Isaac (and its surrounds), but I didn't see anywhere I didn't like when we were driving around. Beautiful county, just beautiful :-) We were there for a week and loved it so much that we've already booked a fortnight in Port Isaac next year (16 months ahead - please don't laugh at my o.c. forward planning LOL the cottage has its own parking, which is a bonus in Port Isaac).

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
738 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

In October the holiday traffic will have gone so travelling around will be much easier so it doesn't really matter where you stay as nowhere is more than about 2 hours away maximum.

We love this area and is close (8 miles) from Port Isaac as mentioned above.

Another area we love is the Lizard area

UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

Many thanks for your reply............... will have a look at that area.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

We stayed in Bodmin, middle of Cornwall, in a lovely B&B. We visited Port Issac where they film the Doc Martin series, beautiful place, Fowey is also lovely.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

We rented a cottage for a week in Mevagissey on the southern coast. It was wonderful- we looked out our window to the harbour. We had no difficulty filling our week -lots of drives to wonderful places along the coast. We did visit Tintagel on our way to Mevagissey but other than that have not visited the north coast. Did visit Fowey and how gorgeous is Port Isaac- we are 'Doc Martin' fans. Maybe next time!

UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

Greatly appreciate all the postings. Certainly encourages me to check out all the places mentioned.

Any other suggestions would be fantastic.

Thanks

7. Re: 4 Days in Cornwall in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 06:20