We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock

Leicester
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rock

I am going to Rock next week 19th-24th Sept staying at St Minver caravan site. Just wondered if the Rock inn is now open and would love recommendations for evening meals in the area - or any other info

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
St Minver
St Minver
Wadebridge, UK
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock

Yes, the Rock Inn has been open for a few months now and has a larger balcony than before so more space for more people to enjoy the beautiful views across the estuary to Padstow.

One of my favourite places for food nearby is the Malsters Arms at Chapel Amble. The Pityme Inn at the top end of Rock and just down the road from the St Minver park also does reasonable food. In Wadebridge, try the Quarryman for excellent steaks or the Glasshouse for a more Bistro feel.

We went to the Earl of St Vincent in Egloshayle last night with some visitors and the food was really good and the pub is well worth visiting just for its quaintness and quirkiness.

There are other places in Polzeath (such as the Oystercatcher and The Waterfront) which may be equally good but, as I haven't tried them myself, I'm lothe to recommend them. Almost forgot the newish Indian restaurant perched on the cliffs at Polzeath and the Raj (v good) or Sagor in Wadebridge.

You've chosen a beautiful area to visit - just ask if you want to know anything else.

Edited: 16 September 2011, 00:10
Mentioned in this post
St Minver
St Minver
Wadebridge, UK
Wadebridge
Wadebridge
Cornwall, UK
Polzeath
Polzeath
Cornwall, UK
West Sussex
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock

We ate at the Waterfront in Polzeath last night for the first time and can highly recommend it for excellent food and great views over the beach.

Can second the recommendation of the Earl of St Vincent at Egloshayle. Well worth a visit.

One of our favourites is the Port William at Trebarwith. Great food and fabulous sea views.

We'll put the Rock Inn on our list to try next time, so thanks for that sammysgranny!

Mentioned in this post
Polzeath
Polzeath
Cornwall, UK
Leicester
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock

Thanks very much for your recommendations - we look forward to trying them out

4. Re: Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 18:16