We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

My partner and I will have three nights to explore a small part of Cornwall in July this year and I'm wondering with so many lovely places to explore here, where should we base ourselves to get a true taste of Cornwall for such a short trip?

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Hi, I think you may need to look at specific things that you want to see. You know you won't do Cornwall justice in a 3 day tour, but I think you know that by saying a small part. If there are things that are high on the list then tell people what they are and they will help out. I mean if you definitely want to see the Eden Project, or Newquay, or St Ives, the list goes on.

You will have a great time, but will help if you have a plan for 3 days.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Hi there

Yes, it would really help to know what rings your bell, Cornwall has so much to see, fishing villages, castles, stately houses, formal gardens, ancient sites, great walking paths, beaches, and much more.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

I would recommend The green cornwall its set up on the moor but close to both main roads in cornwall and great to explore. I have been twice and we are due to go back in August. www.thegreencornwall.co.uk

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Everyone will have their own ideas of "the best bits" of Cornwall but I would suggest exploring Penwith - That's the toe of the county - the area north, west, sou'west of Penzance.

Wonderful coastal scenery with small coves, beaches, fishing villages. Narrow meandering country roads, high hedges covered in wild flowers, patchwork fields and small farms. Rugged stretches of moorland, the remains of the tin mining industry, ancient standing stones, circle stones, pagan places. Some nice art galleries and crafty shops. Plenty of good places to eat, including restaurants, pubs, tearooms, fish and chips.

Yes, I'm biased ;-)

Most of Cornwall is wonderful anyway - Just hope that the weather will be kind to you.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Zoe, can I politely ask how you have three separate reviews of that place, all posted with 3 months of each other? TA guidelines stipulate that you can only provide a repeat review of any place once a year, whether that be accommodation, restaurant, attraction, or whatever.

Seems odd too that you would promote this place to the original poster here before he/she has even given any sort of clue as to the type of accommodation they require or where they may want to base themselves.

Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Thank you very much for your speedy replies.

We love exploring coastal villages, walking tracks, beaches, craft and gallery shops, beautiful scenery, & nice cafes.

We are happy to base ourselves in one place and explore the nearby area by car doing day trips from the one base. Any further suggestions as to which village or place we should base ourselves would be gratefully received.

Also wondering how long will it take to drive there from London?

Thanks very much everyone for your replies.

Cheers

st Ives
Level Contributor
144 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

I'm biased because I live in St Ives, but St ives fits the bill exactly. Spend the three nights in St Ives, picturesque town with five beaches, lovely coastal walks, lovely restaurants and an ancient history. From St Ives, you can take easy day trips to St Michaels Mount in Marazion, Minack Theatre and Porthcurno Beach, Mousehole, Penberth Cove, Crown Mine Engine Houses and lots of cliff walks. From London, allow yourselves 5-6 hours driving.

Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Thank you very much for your speedy replies.

We love exploring coastal villages, walking tracks, beaches, craft and gallery shops, beautiful scenery, & nice cafes.

We are happy to base ourselves in one place and explore the nearby area by car doing day trips from the one base. Any further suggestions as to which village or place we should base ourselves would be gratefully received.

Also wondering how long will it take to drive there from London?

Thanks very much everyone for your replies.

Cheers

9. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 20:05
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We'll have 3 nights to explore Cornwall (UK) in July?

Depends when you are driving but I would allow 5 - 6 hours from London to Penzance.