We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

Sandefjord, Norway
Level Contributor
731 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

We are celebrating my hubby's 50th birthday in Cornwall. As he is a big fan of vintage cars, I thought of suprising him with visiting some car related sights............. so the question is, does such places exist in Cornwall? If so, where? We will be based in Falmouth

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

I've been thinking... and did some google searching... but I don't think there is any Vintage/Classic Car collection in Cornwall.

The best I could find is the Mount Edgcumbe Cornwall Classic and American Show which takes place in August:

classicshowsuk.co.uk/carshoweventsinformatio…

Maybe someone else can do better!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
563 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

try googling MORGAN & PERRANWELL

that should satisfy your needs

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

If you happen to be around on 15th July, there is a Classic Car Rally at the showground in Wadebridge called 'Wheels'. http://www.wadebridgewheels.co.uk/

There used to be a Classic Car Museum at St Stephen, near St Austell, called Automobilia. I'm really not sure if it is still going so hopefully someone else will be able to enlighten us if it is still open.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

The car museum at St Stephen's closed a while ago, and houses are now built on the site. I'm not sure what happened to the collection of cars.

I can't think of any others.

The Morgan and Perranwell thing referred to above is a garage that hires out Morgan cars,so may be of interest.

Sandefjord, Norway
Level Contributor
731 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

People at the Perranwell garage were very friendly, We looked around their showroom and garage, and enjoyed the Morgans!

6. Re: Car museums/collections/exhibitions in Cornwall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:16