We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

carlisle England
Level Contributor
63 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

good morning was meant to drive down last week but the weather was so bad, i postponed it, hopefully going to try again around 10th,

usually just travel round staying here and there, my question is, just how busy does it get? is there a realistic chance of getting accomodation or is it fairly difficult, there no specific place i`m heading, wont be doing surfing places, more like st ives, lands end, the lizard then devon and dorset, ,

any help appreciated, knowing how beautiful cornwall is i just wonder if wherever you go, you cant get parked, at scenic places or struggle to get a small hotel etc, any help appreciated

Newquay Activity Centre
Water Sports, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Ticket to Ride Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Quiksilver Surf School Newquay
Water Sports, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Bodyboard-Holidays
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

It will be before the schools break up so it won't be so busy as end July/August, but there will still be lots of people around as the couples without children choose this time of year.

You should be able to get *somewhere* to stay, but the best places will have been booked up months ago.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

Hi there,

If you are only staying one or two nights at each place then pubs who do bed and breakfast might be your best option. EG Queens Hotel in St Ives.

Best wishes

Jake

Edited: 30 June 2012, 12:51
Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

Back in April, when I tried to book one night's B&B in Penzance (for a Thursday in June) I tried about 7 Guest Houses that we'd either used before, or that had good reviews. They all said either that they were fully booked or that they only accepted bookings for a minimum of two nights at this time of year.

I was quite surprised at how difficult it was. No doubt I would have got in at one of the larger hotels, or at a Premier Inn or Travel Lodge but instead we just decided to drive back home!

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
757 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

It is still fairly quiet then and about another week before it gets busy, in theory!

You will have no problem finding accommodation as you are travelling around. If you find an area you fancy look for something mid afternoon then you will get more choice.

Some places do not take 'advance' bookings for 1 night but if you turn up they will if they have vacancies.

We have run our B & B for 31 years so do speak from experience.

Have a good trip and hope the weather improves for us all!

carlisle England
Level Contributor
63 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

thank you so much for replies,

6. Re: how busy is cornwall 10th july ish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:47