We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

We're already thinking about our 2013 holiday in UK and want to try a caravan holiday in Cornwall. We want small and friendly without a clubhouse, bar, childrens play area and would love a sea view if possible. Does such a thing exist. Oh and I would like to add that there should be adults only but that's asking too much!

Cornwall UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

I don't think you could do better than Trevornick in Holywell Bay - it's fantastic, will cater for your every need, is family run, has a stunning beach a short walk away, golf course and fun park next door - perfect!

http://www.trevornick.co.uk/

Enjoy :)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Yes... very funny Dreams of Cornwall........... not quite what we had in mind!

Cornwall UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Ah, sorry :( That'll teach me to skim read! I read it as 'with' instead of 'without'! lol Trevornick is ideal for families but absolutely not what you're looking for - however, I can recommend Crossroads Campsite in Cubert, which sounds like your sort of thing, basically a field with hookups in a beautiful location?

facebook.com/pages/…

There's also a field that is open to camping just for August above Bedruthan Steps - www.facebook.com/photo.php… - it's literally just a shower cubicle and a toilet and nothing else, just this immense view of the ocean, highly recommended!

http://www.bedruthanstepscamping.co.uk/

Hope that's a more useful post to you :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Not Cornwall but East Devon

Beer Head, amazing views old fashioned friendly site on cliffs

above quaint fishing village http://www.beer-head.com/

highly recommended

there are children but think famous five here and yummy mummies

also something completely different

www. featherdown.co.uk i loved it!

sites all over and out of school hols not really lots of kids

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,327 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Can recommend this one at St Hilary, near Marazion. Deffo adults only. A few rental statics & some touring pitches also but all well spaced, quiet, immaculate grounds, but not a sea view.

http://www.wayfarerspark.co.uk/

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Thank you all for your replies, maybe it was the way I worded my post but we're really looking for static caravans, there seems to be loads of touring sites but hardly any static sites that cater for us old misery guts who like a bit of peace! I'll check out all the recommendations above as some touring sites do have a few statics on offer. Thanks again!

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Maybe a cottage would suit you better?

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,327 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

The park I mentioned is perfect for you, except for the sea view. I mentioned the touring vans & tents aspect so you'd know it was a mixed site. But ALL areas are adults only & it is very well run!

I can point you at a lovely farm site with sea view (& you can definitely hear it at night) which is very small - just 3 static vans & a small touring/camping area, but although it is not adults only, it is very orderly. I will PM you their contact details

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
929 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

I walked past a static caravan park near Kennack Sands on the Lizard at the weekend - no idea what it would be like to stay in but definitely had sea views and didn't seem to have too many other facilities (unless they were hidden).

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Small Static Caravan Site

Thanks have been pointed in the direction of a few nice sites so thanks for that. Ilovegreece.... your suggestion of a cottage would be a good one if we hadn't done that for the past 20 odd years, we fancy a change next year and a caravan is usually half the cost of a nice secluded cottage.