We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I go in Cornwall???

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I go in Cornwall???

I live in Somerset and know quite a lot about Cornwall but I'm still unsure of where we want to go..

My mum, her friend, her friend's son (age 16), my friend (age 15) and me (age 16) want to go on holiday in Cornwall in summer - probably for a week or so at the beginning of July. I've been to Cornwall once before with school and that was to Penzance/St Ives and I loved it! Preferably we would like to go somewhere different now.

We are after:

- a nice beach

- good walking places

- nice cornish town

- a bit of excitment?

So can anyone think of anywhere?

We were also thinking about perhaps travelling to a few places in Cornwall, but it's probably easier just to go to one place, right?

Thanks guys!

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

Falmouth would be my recommendation. Great beaches, mainly small shops but qute good all the same. It's on the coastal path and the scenery is fabulous. Lively town but not like Newquay. You don't say if you are travelling by car but Falmouth has a rail link to Truro which is the main line station.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

Hi there

You could also look at Looe, it's on the southeast coast, has loads to do and see, great beach, rail link to the main line, bus links to various other places, bars, shops, and restaurants. Like Falmouth, it's on the coastal path and there are some great walks to be had in the area, particularly to the west, through Talland Bay to Polperro and on towards Polruan.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

I have lived in Cornwall for many years and agree with the suggestions of Looe and Falmouth. Another option is Padstow which is very attractive with good beaches walking and cycling However for your age group Falmouth is probably the best place as it is bigger and has more of a nightlife.

You might want to consider Newquay as it is by far the most lively and has the most nightlife, however it tends to attract the rowdy crowd and is not as beautiful a town as the others although it does have good beaches and surf.

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

GB ... nice pic! ;-D

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

Thanks guys! Falmouth sounds nice.. definately will look into going there :)

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

I would think you would enjoy Polzeath with it's chilled surfy vibe.

7. Re: Where should I go in Cornwall???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cornwall