We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafes in lovely locations

Swindon
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cafes in lovely locations

Hi, I love Cornwall and we visit every year, mostly in October. I'm looking for little cafes with beautiful views, don't have to be beachfront, and gorgeous homemade food (particularly cakes!) we have been to a lovely one at Kynance cove for example, and the one at lizard point. I'm looking for something a bit off the beaten track now. We mostly visit the penzance area but would be happy to travel if its worth it. Any suggestions greatly received :-) x

st Ives
Level Contributor
141 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

One of my favourites is the cafe at Perranuthnoe, which is a short drive from Penzance, nearly on the beach with outside seating area. Not really off the beaten track, but Perranuthnoe is only a small village.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

The Hells Mouth cafe on the road between Portreath and Gwithian looks like a tatty roadside cafe and is fairly basic in style but the food is first class with lovely views of the North Cliffs and countryside behind them. A couple of minutes walk brings you to the coastal footpath and Hells Mouth itself - stunning coastal views.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

Hi there

The cafe at the Minack Theatre at Porthcurno is pretty special too although you do have to pay your entrance fee to the theatre to get in there. Mevagissey has several cafes spread around it's harbour, all of which look across it.

"The View" cafe at St Mawes serves lovely fresh food and looks across the harbour area there too. There's also a beach cafe at Talland Bay, halfway between Looe and Polperro, well recommended.

Swindon
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

Thank you,some great suggestions. We will definitely be seeking some of those out! Xx

Hayle, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

I can't personally recommend but I've heard that the beach restaurant in Sennen is lovely for breakfast/lunch, (full breakfast £7.50). www.thebeachrestaurant.com

I used to really like Gylly Beach Cafe in Falmouth but haven't been there for a while. www.gyllybeach.com

Sandy - is Hells Mouth Cafe still open? Someone was talking about it the other day and tried to do some research but couldn't find anything concrete about opening hours. The last review on Trip Advisor was in Oct 2012, but would love to go there if it's still open! It would make sense for it to close during winter I guess?

Mawgan...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

hi,try Carnewas national Trust Cafe at Bedruthan Steps between Padstow and Newquay ,fantastic light lunches very reasonably priced with stunning scenery and a few steps to the beach to work off the cream tea!

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

Another vote for the cafe at the Minack Theatre...

and also the cafe/restaurant at Geevor Tin Mine has a great view from its huge window (see photo in link below)

http://www.geevor.com/index.php?page=82

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

Geevor yes that really is something special

Blois, France
Destination Expert
for Blois
Level Contributor
799 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

Had a great cup of tea and slice of cake at The Hidden Hut near Portscatho last summer- http://www.hiddenhut.co.uk/ as featured several times on Cornwall with....

Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cafes in lovely locations

I second the National Trust cafe at Bedruthan Sands. The views are spectacular! They also are famous for their cream tea. You won't be disappointed.